Friday, June 5, 2009

Las Tortugas



Ever since we got here, I've been anticipating going to The Tortuga Islands. And it was spectacular!!! From afar, it doesn't look like much: A big, barren, lunar-shaped island slightly off the coast. But up close, it comes to life. It is one big bird colony, dotted with the occasional sea lion or crab. Blue-footed Boobies (yes, that's what they're called), Red-Chested Frigates, Annis, Other Birds I Don't Know, and even one Albatross flying around. It is such a unique island, it is prohibited to even walk on it! Instead, we snorkeled around in the frigid waters. I got out of the water before everyone else b/c I was so cold (I couldn't feel my fingers!!!), and so was able to snap some pictures of a group of penguins swimming right by.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Love reading all the adventures about the island's history.

    ReplyDelete