Monday, June 1, 2009

So. Tired. Now.

It's about 11pm at night, and I can't even remember what I did today. Time seems to function in another dimension here. I've only been here 5 days, but it seems like forever and a day since I was anywhere near a paved road. We went caving today, and I hit my head more than once. Maybe that's why I can't remember what I was doing five minutes ago. Oh! Today was The Day of the Child, a celebration of sorts to help call attention to children's rights. The school children dressed up in all kinds of crazy outfits and paraded from school to downtown and back to school again. The students in the upper grades were dressed for church, but the little ones....! I saw a Superman costume, a couple of chicken ones and even some blue ambiguous thing-a-ma-dog. No particular reason, just for the diversion of it all. "School" concluded with the older children going to the beach and the younger kids back to school to eat cake and Fanta.

1 comment: